Assessment of bone response after LHRH-A and Enzalutamide plus minus Zoledronic Acid in prostate cancer patients with hormone sensitive metastatic bone disease: a prospectic, phase II, randomized, multicenter study
Obiettivi, struttura e articolazione dello Studio
Disegno dello Studio
This is a multicenter prospective randomized clinical trial aiming to test the activity of LHRH-A plus enzalutamide plus/minus Zoledronic Acid in terms of bone response assessed by Whole body diffusion MRI in prostate cancer patients with bone metastatic hormone naive disease.
Evaluation of bone response to Enzalutamide treatment with or without Zoledronic Acid in combination with LHRH-A treatment through Whole-body Diffusion MRI.
- Evaluation of bone repair by CT Scan.
- Change of bone metabolism's markers.
- Changes in bone mineral density and in fat and lean body mass with DEXA scan.
- Changes in bone pain (in patients with bone pain at baseline).
- SREs evaluation.
- Changes in Quality of Life (QoL).
- Progression-free survival.
- Overall survival.
Prostate cancer patients with hormone sensitive metastatic bone disease will be randomized 1:1 in the following treatment groups:
- LHRH-A + Enzalutamide
- LHRH-A + Enzalutamide + Zoledronic Acid
The treatment will prosecute until patient's progression, consent withdrawal or unaccettable toxicity.
Dimensione del campione
Numero di Centri e localizzazione dello Studio
X Centri in Italia
Durata dello Studio
About 3 years sulla base delle seguenti assunzioni:
- Reclutamento: 12 mesi
- Massimo periodo di trattamento: 18 mesi
- Follow up: 1 mesi
Data di inizio dello Studio